Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Fried Lettuce in Soy Sauce

This is one of my favourite dishes and it's one of the easiest to prepare. In fact, I only had it last night and the night before that.

Ingredients
Lettuce
Shallots
Cooking Oil
Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce

Method
If I am cooking for 2 to 3 people, I'd use half a lettuce.
Wash and drain your lettuce leaves in a collander.
Slice shallots thinly. How many depends on how much fried shallots you like with your lettuce. I usually cut 2 to 3 medium sized shallots for 1/2 a lettuce.
Then heat wok, put in enough cooking oil to fry shallots evenly until golden brown. Take out the fried shallots but leave oil in. Put in lettuce and stir. Do not overfry. Remember you can even eat lettuce raw. Then pour in about 1 tbsp of soy sauce (I use Popo brand or Lee Kum Kee) and I dollop of Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce. Turn off heat and sprinkle fried shallots over lettuce before serving. It's absolutely yummy.

I'll upload pix next time.

2 comments:

me said...

ok, that sounds easy.

jujuqtpie said...

It is. I dedicate this site to you Ja. If ever you want to cook simple, just come here.